Statement, Website Accessibility Guide, and Language Assistance Guide
YELLOWSTONE FAMILY DENTAL
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
- Dental Practice Covered by this Notice:
This Notice describes the privacy practices of Yellowstone Family Dental (“Dental Practice”). “We” and “our” means the Dental Practice. “You” and “your” means our patient.
- How to Contact Us/Our Privacy Official:
If you have any questions or would like further information about this Notice, you can contact Yellowstone Family Dental’s Privacy Official at: Steve Kuchuris
1045 N 27th. Street
Billings, MT 59101
- Our Promise to You and Our Legal Obligations:
The privacy of your health information is important to us. We understand that your health information is personal and we are committed to protecting it. This Notice describes how we may use and disclose your protected health information to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. It also describes your rights to access and control your protected health information. Protected health information is information about you, including demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition and related health care services. We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your protected health information;
- Give you this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to that information; and
- Abide by the terms of our Notice that is currently in effect.
- Last Revision Date:
This Notice was last revised on 5/18/2021.
- How We May Use or Disclose Your Health Information:
The following examples describe different ways we may use or disclose your health information. These examples are not meant to be exhaustive. We are permitted by law to use and disclose your health information for the following purposes:
- Common Uses and Disclosures
- Treatment. We may use your health information to provide you with dental treatment or services, such as cleaning or examining your teeth or performing dental procedures. We may disclose health information about you to dental specialists, physicians, or other health care professionals involved in your care.
- Payment. We may use and disclose your health information to obtain payment from health plans and insurers for the care that we provide to you.
- Health Care Operations. We may use and disclose health information about you in connection with health care operations necessary to run our practice, including review of our treatment and services, training, evaluating the performance of our staff and health care professionals, quality assurance, financial or billing audits, legal matters, and business planning and development.
- Appointment Reminders. We may use or disclose your health information when contacting you to remind you of a dental appointment. We may contact you by using a postcard, letter, phone call, voice message, text or email.
- Treatment Alternatives and Health-Related Benefits and Services. We may use and disclose your health information to tell you about treatment options or alternatives or health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
- Disclosure to Family Members and Friends. We may disclose your health information to a family member or friend who is involved with your care or payment for your care if you do not object or, if you are not present, we believe it is in your best interest to do so.
- Disclosure to Business Associates. We may disclose your protected health information to our third-party service providers (called, “business associates”) that perform functions on our behalf or provide us with services if the information is necessary for such functions or services. For example, we may use a business associate to assist us in maintaining our practice management software. All of our business associates are obligated, under contract with us, to protect the privacy of your information and are not allowed to use or disclose any information other than as specified in our contract.
- Less Common Uses and Disclosures
- Disclosures Required by Law. We may use or disclose patient health information to the extent we are required by law to do so. For example, we are required to disclose patient health information to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services so that it can investigate complaints or determine our compliance with HIPAA.
- Public Health Activities. We may disclose patient health information for public health activities and purposes, which include: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability; reporting births or deaths; reporting child abuse or neglect; reporting adverse reactions to medications or foods; reporting product defects; enabling product recalls; and notifying a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
- Victims of Abuse, Neglect or Domestic Violence. We may disclose health information to the appropriate government authority about a patient whom we believe is a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- Health Oversight Activities. We may disclose patient health information to a health oversight agency for activities necessary for the government to provide appropriate oversight of the health care system, certain government benefit programs, and compliance with certain civil rights laws.
- Lawsuits and Legal Actions. We may disclose patient health information in response to (i) a court or administrative order or (ii) a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process that is not ordered by a court if efforts have been made to notify the patient or to obtain an order protecting the information requested.
- Law Enforcement Purposes. We may disclose your health information to a law enforcement official for a law enforcement purposes, such as to identify or locate a suspect, material witness or missing person or to alert law enforcement of a crime.
- Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors. We may disclose your health information to a coroner, medical examiner or funeral director to allow them to carry out their duties.
- Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation. We may use or disclose your health information to organ procurement organizations or others that obtain, bank or transplant cadaveric organs, eyes or tissue for donation and transplant.
- Research Purposes. We may use or disclose your information for research purposes pursuant to patient authorization waiver approval by an Institutional Review Board or Privacy Board.
- Serious Threat to Health or Safety. We may use or disclose your health information if we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or lessen a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety.
- Specialized Government Functions. We may disclose your health information to the military (domestic or foreign) about its members or veterans, for national security and protective services for the President or other heads of state, to the government for security clearance reviews, and to a jail or prison about its inmates.
- Workers’ Compensation. We may disclose your health information to comply with workers’ compensation laws or similar programs that provide benefits for work-related injuries or illness.
- Common Uses and Disclosures
- Your Written Authorization for Any Other Use or Disclosure of Your Health Information:
Uses and disclosures of your protected health information that involve the release of psychotherapy notes (if any), marketing, sale of your protected health information, or other uses or disclosures not described in this notice will be made only with your written authorization, unless otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke this authorization at any time, in writing, except to the extent that this office has taken an action in reliance on the use of disclosure indicated in the authorization. If a use or disclosure of protected health information described above in this notice is prohibited or materially limited by other laws that apply to use, we intend to meet the requirements of the more stringent law.
- Your Rights with Respect to Your Health Information
You have the following rights with respect to certain health information that we have about you (information in a Designated Record Set as defined by HIPAA). To exercise any of these rights, you must submit a written request to our Privacy Official listed on the first page of this Notice.
- Right to Access and Review
You may request to access and review a copy of your health information. We may deny your request under certain circumstances. You will receive written notice of a denial and can appeal it. We will provide a copy of your health information in a format you request if it is readily producible. If not readily producible, we will provide it in a hard copy format or other format that is mutually agreeable. If your health information is included in an Electronic Health Record, you have the right to obtain a copy of it in an electronic format and to direct us to send it to the person or entity you designate in an electronic format. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our cost to provide you with copies of your health information.
- Right to Amend
If you believe that your health information is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we amend it. We may deny your request under certain circumstances. You will receive written notice of a denial and can file a statement of disagreement that will be included with your health information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to Restrict Use and Disclosure
You may request that we restrict uses of your health information to carry out treatment, payment, or health care operations or to your family member or friend involved in your care or the payment for your care. We may not (and are not required to) agree to your requested restrictions, with one exception: If you pay out of your pocket in full for a service you receive from us and you request that we not submit the claim for this service to your health insurer or health plan for reimbursement, we must honor that request.
- Right to Confidential Communications, Alternative Means and Locations
You may request to receive communications of health information by alternative means or at an alternative location. We will accommodate a request if it is reasonable and you indicate that communication by regular means could endanger you. When you submit a written request to the Privacy Official listed on the first page of this Notice, you need to provide an alternative method of contact or alternative address and indicate how payment for services will be handled.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures
You have a right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information for the six (6) years prior to the date that the accounting is requested except for disclosures to carry out treatment, payment, health care operations (and certain other exceptions as provided by HIPAA). The first accounting we provide in any 12-month period will be without charge to you. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost for each subsequent request for an accounting within the same 12-month period. We will notify you in advance of this fee and you may choose to modify or withdraw your request at that time.
- Right to a Paper Copy of this Notice
You have the right to a paper copy of this Notice. You may ask us to give you a paper copy of the Notice at any time (even if you have agreed to receive the Notice electronically). To obtain a paper copy, ask the Privacy Official.
- Right to Receive Notification of a Security Breach
We are required by law to notify you if the privacy or security of your health information has been breached. The notification will occur by first class mail within sixty (60) days of the event. A breach occurs when there has been an unauthorized use or disclosure under HIPAA that compromises the privacy or security of your health information. The breach notification will contain the following information: (1) a brief description of what happened, including the date of the breach and the date of the discovery of the breach; (2) the steps you should take to protect yourself from potential harm resulting from the breach; and (3) a brief description of what we are doing to investigate the breach, mitigate losses, and to protect against further breaches.
- Right to Access and Review
- Special Protections for HIV, Alcohol and Substance Abuse, Mental Health and Genetic Information
Certain federal and state laws may require special privacy protections that restrict the use and disclosure of certain health information, including HIV-related information, alcohol and substance abuse information, mental health information, and genetic information. For example, a health plan is not permitted to use or disclose genetic information for underwriting purposes. Some parts of this HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices may not apply to these types of information. If your treatment involves this information, you may contact our office for more information about these protections.
- Our Right to Change Our Privacy Practices and This Notice
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice at any time. Any change will apply to the health information we have about you or create or receive in the future. We will promptly revise the Notice when there is a material change to the uses or disclosures, individual’s rights, our legal duties, or other privacy practices discussed in this Notice. We will post the revised Notice on our website (if applicable) and in our office and will provide a copy of it to you on request. The effective date of this Notice is 5/18/2021.
- How to Make Privacy Complaints
If you have any complaints about your privacy rights or how your health information has been used or disclosed, you may file a complaint with us by contacting our Privacy Official listed on the first page of this Notice. You may also file a written complaint with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. We will not retaliate against you in any way if you choose to file a complaint.
STATEMENT OF GOVERNMENTAL COMPLIANCE
- Policy of Non-Discrimination: This dental practice complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. This dental practice does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Communication Assistance: This dental practice provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as: qualified sign language interpreters; written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats). If you need these services, please contact the dental practice directly.
- Language Assistance: This dental practice provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as qualified interpreters and Information written in other languages. Please see Section V for more information.
- Grievances: If you believe that this dental practice has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with the dental practice directly. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1- 800-868-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).
- Accessibility Standards: We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of content on our website. Below, you’ll find a few recommendations to help make your browsing experience more accessible if you desire visual, audio, or navigational assistance.
- Visual Assistance: If you have trouble seeing web pages, the US Social Security Administration offers these tips for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience:
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens
- Increase text size
- Magnify your screen
- Change background and text colors
- Make your mouse pointer more visible (Windows only)
- Audio Assistance – Closed Captioning: Closed captioning provides a transcript for the audio track of a video presentation that is synchronized with the video and audio tracks. Captions are generally visually displayed over the video, which benefits people who are deaf and hard of hearing, and anyone who cannot hear the audio due to noisy environments. Most of our video content is hosted on YouTube and includes captions. Learn how to turn captioning on and off in YouTube.
- Audio Assistance – Volume Controls: Your computer, tablet, or mobile device has volume control features. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both your device’s volume controls and your media players’ volume controls to optimize your listening experience.
- Keyboard and Mouse Alternatives: If you are looking for mouse and keyboard alternatives, speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
- Additional Assistance: If the recommendations above do not meet your needs, we invite you to contact us for assistance by calling our dental practice at the phone number listed on our website.
- Free Language Assistance: This dental practice provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as qualified interpreters and Information written in other languages. If you need these services, please contact the dental practice directly.
- Required Governmental Notices Translated from English into Other Languages
(Spanish; Portuguese; French; Italian; Romanian; German; Hungarian; Bosnian; Filipino; Chinese (Simplified); Japanese; Korean; Vietnamese; Arabic; Hebrew; Persian; Greek; Russian; Punjabi)
Esta práctica dental cumple con las leyes federales aplicables de derechos civiles y no
discrimina por motivos de raza , color, origen nacional, edad , discapacidad , o sexo. Esta práctica dental no excluye la gente o tratar de manera diferente debido a su raza , color, origen nacional, edad , discapacidad , o sexo. Ayuda con el idioma está disponible sin cargo poniéndose en contacto con esta práctica dental.
Esta prática odontológica está em conformidade com as leis federais aplicáveis direitos civis e não discriminar com base em raça, cor, nacionalidade , idade , deficiência ou sexo. Esta prática odontológica não exclui as pessoas ou tratá-los de forma diferente por causa de raça , cor, nacionalidade , idade , deficiência ou sexo. Assistência de idioma está disponível sem nenhum custo , contactando esta prática dental.
Cette pratique dentaire est conforme aux lois fédérales relatives aux droits civils applicables et ne fait pas de discrimination sur la base de la race , la couleur , l’origine nationale , l’âge ,le handicap ou le sexe . Cette pratique dentaire n’exclut pas les gens ou de les traiter différemment en raison de la race , la couleur , l’origine nationale , l’âge , le handicap ou lesexe. Assistance linguistique est disponible sans frais en communiquant avec cette pratique dentaire.
Questo studio dentistico è conforme alle leggi sui diritti civili federali applicabili e non
discrimina sulla base di razza , colore , nazionalità, età, disabilità , o di sesso. Questo studio dentistico non esclude o trattare le persone in modo diverso a causa della loro razza, colore ,nazionalità, età, disabilità , o di sesso. Assistenza linguistica è disponibile gratuitamente contattando la pratica dentale.
Această practică dentară este în conformitate cu legile federale aplicabile drepturilor civile și nu face nicio discriminare pe motive de rasă , culoare , origine națională , vârstă, dizabilitate sau sex . Această practică dentară nu exclude sau a trata în mod diferit de oameni din cauza lor rasă, culoare , origine națională , vârstă , dizabilitate sau sex . asistența lingvistică este disponibilă în mod gratuit prin contactarea practicii dentare Diese Zahnarztpraxis erfüllt die geltenden Bundes Zivilrecht Rechte und nicht auf der Grundlage von Rasse, Hautfarbe , nationaler Herkunft , Alter, Behinderung
oder ihres Geschlechts nicht diskriminierung. Diese
Praxis schließt nicht aus Menschen oder sie anders behandeln, weil der Rasse, der Hautfarbe , nationaler Herkunft, Alter , Behinderung oder Geschlecht. Sprachhilfe Wird kostenlos zur Verfügung , indem Sie diese Zahnarztpraxis wenden. Ez fogorvosi megfelel az alkalmazandó szövetségi polgárjogi törvények és nem alkalmaz hátrányos megkülönböztetést faji, bőrszín, nemzeti származás , életkor, fogyatékosság, vagy a szex. Ez fogorvosi nem zárja ki vagy kezeli az embereket másképp, mert a faji , bőrszín , nemzetiség, életkor, fogyatékosság, vagy a szex. Nyelvi segítség áll rendelkezésre díjmentesen a kapcsolatot a fogorvosi gyakorlatban.
Ovaj stomatološka ordinacija u skladu sa važećim federalnim zakonima građanska prava I ne diskriminaciju na temelju rase, boje kože , nacionalnog porijekla , dobi , invaliditeta , ili seks . Ovaj stomatološka ordinacija ne isključuje ili tretiraju ljude različito zbog njihove rase, boje kože , nacionalnog porijekla , dobi , invaliditeta , ili seks . Jezik pomoć je dostupna bez naknade kontaktiranjem stomatološke ordinacije
Ito dental ay sumusunod sa angkop na pederal na batas karapatan bilang mamamayan at hindi maaaring makita ang kaibhan sa batayan ng lahi, kulay , bansang pinagmulan, edad, kapansanan , o sex. Ito dental ay hindi ibukod o paggamot sa mga tao sa ibang paraan dahil sa kanilang lahi, kulay , bansang pinagmulan, edad, kapansanan , o sex. tulong sa wika ay makukuha nang walang bayad sa pamamagitan ng pagkontak sa dental practice.
该牙科诊所适用的联邦民权法的规定，并基于种族，肤色，国籍，年龄，残疾或性别的不 歧视。该牙科诊所并不排除或区别对待的人，因为他们的种族，肤色，国籍，年龄，残疾 或性别。语言援助提供不收费的牙科诊所联系。
この歯科診療は、適用される連邦公民権法を遵守し、人種、肌の色、国籍、年齢、身体 障害、または性別を理由に差別されません。この歯科診療は、除外したり、それらの人 種、肌の色、国籍、年齢、身体障害、または性別の異なる人々を扱いません。言語支援 は歯科診療を接触させることにより、無償で提供されています。
이 치과 연습은 연방 민권법 을 준수하며 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 연령, 장애 , 또는 성별 을 근거로 차별하지 않습니다 . 이 치과 연습은 제외하거나 그들의 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 연령, 장애 , 또는 섹스 의 다른 사람들 을 치료 하지 않습니다. 언어 지원 은 치과 연습 에 연락하여 무료로 사용할 수 있습니다.
thực hành nha khoa này tuân thủ luật về quyền dân sự liên bang áp dụng và không phân biệt đối xử vì lý do chủng tộc , màu da, nguồn gốc quốc gia , tuổi tác , khuyết tật, hoặc quan hệ tình dục . thực hành nha khoa này không loại trừ hoặc đối xử với người khác vì họ chủng tộc , màu da, nguồn gốc quốc gia , tuổi tác , khuyết tật, hoặc quan hệ tình dục . hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ là có sẵn miễn phí bằng cách liên hệ thực hành nha khoa.
هذه الممارسة الأسنان یتوافق مع القوانین الاتحادیة الساریة الحقوق المدنیة و لا تمیز على أساس العرق أو اللون أو الأصل القومي أو السن أو الإعاقة ، أو الجنس. هذه الممارسة الأسنان لا یستبعد أو یتعامل الناس بشكل مختلف بسبب العرق أو اللون أو الأصل القومي أو السن أو الإعاقة ، أو الجنس. متاح من دون تهمة المساعدة اللغویة عن طریق الاتصال ممارسة طب الأسنان . מרפאת שיניים זו עומדת בחוקי זכויות האזרח פדרליים ישימים ואינו מפלה על רקע גזע , צבע, לאום , גיל , נכות , או מין . מרפאת שיניים זו אינה שוללת או להתייחס לאנשים אחרים בשל גזעם , צבע, לאום , גיל , נכות , או מין . סיוע שפה זמין ללא תשלום באמצעות פנייה מרפאת השיניים . این عمل دندان مطابق با قوانین قابل اجرا حقوق مدنی فدرال و بر اساس نژاد ، رنگ پوست، ملیت ، سن، معلولیت و یا رابطه جنسی قائل نمی شود. این عمل دندان رد نمی کند و یا درمان افراد متفاوت به دلیل نژاد، رنگ پوست، ملیت ، سن، معلولیت و یا رابطه جنسی . کمک زبان از طریق تماس با اعمال دندان پزشکی در دسترس و بدون هزینه است.
Αυτή η οδοντιατρική πράξη είναι σύμφωνη με τους ισχύοντες ομοσπονδιακούς νόμους πολιτικά δικαιώματα και δεν θα εισάγει διακρίσεις λόγω φυλής , χρώματος, εθνικής καταγωγής , ηλικίας, αναπηρίας , ή το φύλο . Αυτή η οδοντιατρική πράξη δεν αποκλείει ή να αντιμετωπίζουν τους ανθρώπους με διαφορετικό τρόπο λόγω της φυλής, χρώματος, εθνικής καταγωγής , ηλικίας, αναπηρίας , ή το φύλο . συνδρομή γλώσσα είναι διαθέσιμο χωρίς επιβάρυνση σε επαφή με την οδοντιατρική πράξη. Эта стоматологическая практика соответствует действующим федеральным законам о гражданских правах и не допускает дискриминации по признаку расы , цвета кожи, национального происхождения , возраста, инвалидности или пола . Это стоматологической практике не исключает или относиться к людям по-разному из-за их расы, цвета кожи , национального происхождения , возраста, инвалидности или пола . Языковая поддержка предоставляется бесплатно , обратившись в стоматологической практике .
ਇਹ ਦੰਦ ਅਿਭਆਸ ਲਾਗੂ ਫੈਡਰਲ ਿਸਵਲ ਅਿਧਕਾਰ ਕਾਨੰ ੂਨ ਦੀ ਪਾਲਣਾ ਕਰਨ ਅਤੇ ਨਸਲ, ਰੰਗ, ਰਾ