Benjamin Franklin famously wrote, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” We think his advice applies to visiting your Billings, MT dentist for dental cleanings and exams, too!
Doctor Chase Pearson on what someone can expect during their first dental exam Even if you’re a thorough brusher and flosser, you need to visit Yellowstone Family Dental at least every six months to keep your smile bright. There are some treatments here you can’t get at home:
- Oral cancer screening to detect symptoms long before they’re noticeable to you
- Digital X-rays and intraoral cameras to help us find plaque deposits, cracks, and other signs of wear and tear so we can treat them early
- Special tools to remove hardened plaque – also known as tartar – from your enamel
- Thorough polishing to make teeth smooth and shiny, which is both attractive for your smile and a challenge for bacteria to hold onto!
- Blood pressure screenings to keep you informed regarding your overall health
Call us today at 406-206-9889 to schedule your appointment.
Enjoy Your Dental Visits Without Anxiety
If dental anxiety has kept you out of the dentist’s chair for a long time, we have good news for you! For one, a teeth cleaning does not hurt. For another, you’re not alone. Around 15 million Americans avoid the dentist due to fear and anxiety. But most importantly, we have options to make you feel safe and comfortable.
Our doctors and staff members build real, lasting relationships with our patients. And as we get to know you, we’ll be able to create the environment you need to relax during your exam. You may find that our high-tech, comfortable operatories – all of which are private – may be all you need. Each room has a TV in the ceiling so that you can watch your favorite show and be distracted while we work.
If your dental anxiety needs something a little more powerful than privacy, we also offer three different types of sedation. Each operatory has free inhaled sedation, which can calm your nerves and increase your pain threshold. You can also opt for an oral sedative or even intravenous sedation. These options will safely help you relax but won’t leave you totally asleep – though some patients do wind up snoozing!
Get high-quality dental care in an environment you can trust. Call Yellowstone Family Dental at 406-206-9889 for your next dental cleanings and exams.